A Happy Anniversary from my Father - Thank you for slowing me down.
P.S. High / Bye from Marcy
Today is the 17th wedding anniversary with my second wife.
I worked with my Father for about 7 years from my age 27 to 35 years old. That would have made him for 50 to 57. I am 54 as I write this. We worked at a small manufacturing company. We had about 25 employees. The secretary was Marcy. I left that job and went to work somewhere else in the city. My father worked there another 10 years before he passed away, 10 years ago.
I had a dream this morning that I was in the part of my life after I had left the company. I was at the company bank. I decided to visit him. I wish I did more of that IRL.
Anyway, I pull into to the parking lot as he is walking out the front door. He is happy to see me. He is headed to the bank that I just left. He is running late. He has to run to the bank and get back to talk to Marcy before 4:30 when she goes home. I can see he is flustered. I hug him as he is getting into his Mercedes 560SL. He loved that car. I get him to take a moment. I tell him a quick story and make him laugh.
I tell him the bank will wait another day, or I can go if it reaaally need to be done today. It's 4:30 and he needs to talk to Marcy. Besides, Marcy is going to tell him that she is moving on. This will be the last time he will she her. She will pack her desk and be gone by the time he gets back.
He smiles at me, takes another deep breath, more stress leaves. We walk towards the entrance of the building. He smiles and thanks me for slowing him down. I wake up from the dream / visit.
Why is this significant?
My wife and my father did not like each other in life. They are both very type A, "I am the one in charge" people. Their egos clashed nearly every time they met. He refused to attend our wedding.
So why do I dream of my father on my wedding anniversary?
I also slow my wife down. I make her stop and watch the sunsets with me. I grab her hand an make her watch TV with me. I had to prove to her financially that she can stop working. It was very uncomfortable for her to become financially dependent on me.
It was a special message from him. On a special day.
Thank you Father.

No comments:
Post a Comment